Last Updated: January 2, 2020
1. What kind of information do we collect?
Depending on which Services you use, we must process different kinds of information from or about you. Here’s how:
- Information You (and others) Give Us. We collect the information you (and others) give us when using our Services. For example:
- When you register to use our Services, we ask for information such as your name, email address, and phone number.
- You will have the ability to add information to your profile after registration.
- If you buy something on or through our Services, we collect information about the transaction. This can include your payment information, purchase activity, and shipping and contact details.
- We collect information about the training you connect to and how you interact with them across our Services.
- When you post, share or communicate with us or other Elite VR Training users on our Services, we receive and store those communications and information associated with them, such as the date a post was created.
- When you communicate with Elite VR Training, you provide us with information like your email address.
- Information Automatically Collected About You When You Use Our Services. We also collect information automatically when you are connected to our Services. Depending on how you access and use our Services, we collect information such as:
- Information about your interactions with our Services, like information about the training modules, features, or other experiences you interact with, including information collected through or from content provided by our third-party partners.
- Certain identifiers that may be unique to you. These identifiers include device and other identifiers, such as those from the training modules you use;
- Location-related information, which can be derived from information such as your device’s IP address. If you’re using a mobile device, some of our Services collect information about the device’s precise location, which is derived from sources such as the device’s GPS signal and information about nearby Wi-Fi networks and cell towers;
- Information about your environment, physical movements, and dimensions when you use an XR device. For example, when you set up the Elite VR Training Guardian System to alert you when you approach a boundary, we receive information about the play area that you have defined;
- Information we receive through device settings you choose, such as your photos or audio content.
2. How do we use information?
We use the information as set out below and to provide our Services to you and our partners. Here’s how:
- To provide and personalize our Services. We use the information we collect to provide you with our Services. For example, we use this information to:
- Provide you with training modules, and other experiences;
- Create accounts and user profiles;
- Communicate with you about our Services;
- Enable user-to-user communications and other social services;
- Provide technical support;
- Notify you about updates to our Services; and
- Process completion and SCORM compliant data through xAPI callouts
- To improve and develop your experience and our Services. We also use the information we collect to understand and improve our Services and to develop the XR ecosystem. For example, we use the information to:
- Solicit and analyze input and feedback about our Services;
- Identify and address technical issues on our Services;
- Conduct and learn from research about the ways in which people use our Services; and
- To market to you. We use the information we collect to send you promotional messages and content and otherwise market to you on and off our Services. We also use this information to measure how users respond to our marketing efforts. If you would like to opt out of receiving marketing emails, please visit the Privacy Center.
- To promote safety and security. We use the information we collect to help promote safety and security on and off our Services, such as by investigating suspicious
3. How is information shared?
Our Services help you engage with the XR ecosystem and others that interact with it. To provide and support our Services, information we have about you is shared in certain circumstances. Here is who can see information about you when you and others use our Services.
Information you post to public areas of our Services, such as a forum, blog, or other community tool, will also be visible to people on and off our Services. If you post information to these interactive features, it will be publicly available. Certain information associated with your public posts, such as the time of your post, may also be published and publicly available.
- Apps, Developers, and Other Online Content Providers on our Services. You can interact with third-party content, games, apps, and other experiences through our Services. We may share information about you with these partners so they can provide you with the experiences you’ve requested, such as:
- Information in your Elite VR Training profile and about how you use our Services. For example, we may provide a third-party gaming experience with information about people you commonly interact with on our Services so they can offer to pair you in a social experience. We may also share information about individual abuse reports or abuse statistics on our Services, so we can help develop a safe and enjoyable XR ecosystem.
- Information about your interaction with the third-party service, such as how long you have interacted with content or how far you have progressed in a game.
- Any other information you choose to share with the third party.
- Third-party content providers may also collect information from you directly through the experiences they provide.
- Please note that any information you share with these (or other) third parties will be subject to those third parties’ own privacy policies, not this one.
- Service providers. We share the information we collect with vendors, service providers, researchers and other partners, who work at our direction to support the Services (such as hosting our Services, fulfilling orders, facilitating payments, analyzing the way people use our Services, processing credit card payments, providing customer service, or sending electronic communications for us).
- Other parties in connection with certain business transactions. In the event that the ownership of Elite VR Training (or any portion of our assets) changes as a result of a merger, acquisition, or in the event of a bankruptcy, information from or about you or your device may be transferred to another company.
- Permission. We may share information about you for any other purpose you choose.
- Law enforcement or legal requests. We share information with law enforcement
4. Data retention and deletion
We store data that identifies you until it is no longer necessary to provide our Services or your account is deleted, whichever comes first. This is a case-by-case determination that depends on things like the nature of the data, why it is collected and processed, and relevant legal or operational retention needs. For example, we may retain certain purchase information for accounting and tax purposes even after you have deleted your account.
When you delete your account, we delete things you have posted and information about apps and entitlements you have downloaded, and you will not be able to recover that information later. Information that others have shared about you is not part of your account and will not be deleted when you delete your account.
5. How do we respond to legal requests and preventing harm?
We access, preserve and share information with regulators, law enforcement or others:
- In response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards.
- Information we receive about you, including financial transaction data related to purchases made on or through our Services, can be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also retain information from accounts disabled for violations of our terms for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other term violations.
6. How will we notify you of changes to this policy?